The Wyoming Kentwood Area Chamber Foundation (WKACF) was created in 2005 by the Chamber of Commerce as a charitable trust under section 501(c)3 of the IRS code. WKACF accepts gifts, grants, and donations in order to distribute funds within our community for helping create a better business environment, a better-trained local workforce, business neighborhood improvements, and other similar educational or charitable opportunities.
There are five school districts located in the Wyoming and Kentwood footprint, which include Godwin Heights, Godfrey Lee, Kelloggsville, East Kentwood, and Wyoming High Schools. Your donation would help WKACF to award a scholarship to a deserving senior in every school district. Every year, the opportunity to complete a WKACF scholarship application is promoted by the superintendents in each of their respective school districts.
According to www.mischooldata.org, the percentage of economically disadvantaged students increased from 2017-2018 for the Wyoming District at 76.2% to 76.7% for 2019-2020 and the Kentwood District for that same period of time increased from 69.3% to 69.9%.
The WKACF believes we are building stronger communities by supporting the students and families in the Wyoming and Kentwood area.
Donation opportunities for individuals and businesses:
- Create a Jeans Day fundraiser through work
- Make a Christmas / Birthday Donation in honor of someone special
- Patronize member Restaurant Partners that designate a specific day for giving a % of sales
- Designate your United Way Contribution to the Foundation
- Designate the Foundation in your Will or Trust
Thank you for considering a donation to our Wyoming Kentwood Area Chamber Foundation.
Foundation Board of Directors:
- Keith Morgan: President/CEO
- Michelle Born-Fischer: Bratschie & Born, P.C.
- Rick Chrisman: Hungerford, Nichols CPAs + Advisors
- Danna Mathiesen (Foundation Director): Mercantile Bank
- Ashlynne Gilbert: Blue Frost IT
- Danielle Bult: Love INC
- Andy Garcia: Edward Jones
- Todd Duncan: Consumers Energy
- Nick Kuncaitis: Standard Computer Systems, Inc.
- Allen Gilbert
Contact the Foundation Director at email@example.com